Tired of manually selecting channels on the TV remote? Enter Google Assistant. This new feature is introduced to quickly access entertainment channels, TV shows, and series using our voice. That’s correct!
All we need to do is first set up the feature, connect the TV to the Google Assistant app on our phones, and voila! We’re ready to give a command!
So, let us understand how to set up our TV with the app using our Android and Apple device below:
- Setting Up A TV With Google Assistant Using Android Devices
Wondering how to set up the TV with Google Assistant via Android? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Setting up a TV with Google Assistant through Android is pretty simple. All we need is a couple of things as mentioned below to help us get started with the process:
- A TV with Google Assistant, obviously!
- The Google Assistant app
- Google Account
- An Android cell phone or tablet that runs on Android 5.0 or above, and works with a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wifi network
- A stable and secure wireless network
Once these above-mentioned items are handy, begin the process of setting up the TV with Google Assistant using these steps given below:
- Connect the TV to the same wifi network as the Android device
- Download the latest Android version on the device
- Upgrade all the apps
- Install or update the most recent version of the Google Assistant
- Open the app and say ‘Set up my Assistant on my device’
- Follow the instructions correctly that appear on the screen
Now that you know the method to set it up via an Android device, let’s proceed further to find out how to do so using an Apple device:
- Setting Up A TV With Google Assistant Using an iPhone or iPad
It is another simple process that hardly takes a couple of minutes. But hey, guess what? In order to do so, we need the following things as listed down below:
- A TV with an in-built Google Assistant
- Google Assistant app
- Google Account
- An iPad or an iPhone that runs on iOS 10 or above and works with a 5 GHz wifi connection
- Stable wireless connection
With these things, we can proceed with the process of setting up a TV with Google Assistant using an Apple device as follows:
- Connect the TV with the same wifi network as the iPhone or an iPad
- Install recent updates on the iPhone and download the latest version of the Google Assistant app. If the app is already installed, go to the app store and click on update to get the most recent version of Google Assistant
- Open the app and instruct the remote to ‘Set up my Assistant on my device’
After following these steps on Android and Apple devices, it is important to sign into the Google Account.
To sign in, use the following techniques given below:
- Click on the ‘Google Assistant’ button on your remote
- Instruct the remote to give personalized results. For instance, ask it to ‘Show my photos’ or ‘What’s on my calendar’
- Follow the rest of the instructions as shown on the screen
Note: The process can differ from one dth box to another. For instance, if it is an Airtel Xstream Box, the steps to set up a TV with Google Assistant will be unlike the above-mentioned steps.
- Choose the Google Assistant Key on the remote. On doing so, a window pops up on the TV screen that says, ‘How can I help you?’
- Hold the remote close to the chin and long-press the voice search button
- Speak the name of the content that needs to be viewed
Note: For an Airtel Xstream Android box, it is also important to have a Google account and a stable internet connection.
In a nutshell, the Google Assistant comes installed on most devices. So, first set up the box, follow these above-mentioned steps to get started with a voice search on the TV box, and you’re good to go!
Warning: Attempt to read property "term_id" on bool in /home/fildoorg/thenextscope.com/wp-content/themes/flex-mag/functions.php on line 994